Hogarth is the Global Content Experience Company. Part of WPP, Hogarth partners with one in every two of the world’s top 100 brands including Coca-Cola, Ford, Rolex, Nestlé, Mondelez and Dyson. With a breadth of experience across an extensive range of sectors, Hogarth offers the unrivaled ability to deliver relevant, engaging, and measurable content across all channels and media - both established and emerging.
The number of channels at our fingertips; the need for speed; and the drive for mass personalisation, all mean that brands need different solutions.
Our global team of over 6,000 craft and technology experts brings together creative, production and innovation to help clients navigate this exciting and ever-changing world of today’s content experience.
Hogarth Worldwide is the world’s leading creative content production company. Born to make the best work brilliantly, we combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life for many of the world’s most famous brands.
Founded 15 years ago, Hogarth has grown from a start-up to over 5,200 people, across 30 key cities and is part of the WPP. Obsessively striving for better is in our DNA, it is the reason for our existence and continues to drive us forward in all that we do, making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
What does an Audio Engineer do at Hogarth?
- Work on audio post production for the content and television commercials that Hogarth produces.
- Handles voice over recordings, audio editing, mixing, music editing and sound design.
- Outputs audio mixes according to the various audio specifications needed based on different requirements.
- Responsibility for the technical and creative quality of Hogarth’s audio creative outputs.
- Responsibility for the good order, maintenance, repair and upgrading of the audio suite (software & hardware, acoustic, decor and appearance) in liaison with broadcast support plus the Audio and Tech departments in Hogarth.
- Responsibility for backup and archiving of audio work in line with Hogarth practices.
- Responsibility for maintenance and maintaining access to music and SFX libraries in line with Hogarth practices.
- Advice and assistance to account managers, producers and management on all audio-related technical issues or questions.
- Assistance and undertaking of staff-training in audio-related topics.
- Assistance with audio related technical admin in liaison with producers and management, the London Audio and Tech departments.
- Staying abreast of all audio issues within Hogarth and the industry, and advising as to best practice/ideas.
Technical and Creative Requirements
- Expert knowledge in operating digital audio workstations preferably AVID Pro Tools.
- Experience in working with liner audio editing for video and moving image content.
- Knowledge of different audio scales would be a plus e.g. LKFS/LUFS, dBFS, leq(m).
- Knowledge of audio post productions plugins such as iZotope RX would a be plus.
- Good ear and knowledge for music / beats (especially in relation to video), and music editing from individual instrument stems would be a huge plus.
- A good working knowledge of Post Production processes and services.
- Interest in new production technologies and how audio can play a part in the ever expanding digital arena
Organizational & Communication Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills under sometimes demanding timescales and clients.
- Good timekeeping, organisation and technical quality.
- General "can-do" service attitude, Excellent time management skills & multi-tasking abilities with attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to new working methods & practice technology advances.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Positive attitude towards problem solving and tight deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
Hogarth is an equal-opportunity employer. That means we believe in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion for everyone through our ideas, our people, how we behave and how we conduct ourselves. We strive to recruit people from diverse backgrounds and support them to achieve long-term success. This not only makes Hogarth a better company and place to work, but an environment where everyone can give their point of view, experience connection, enjoy opportunity and feel a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, military veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability. As part of our commitment to making our hiring processes as equitable as possible, we are currently rolling out a policy which ensures that hiring managers review CVs only after they have been processed through an automated anonymisation system. This aims to ensure that all candidates are considered for interview based solely on their experience and what they can bring to the role. The solution, provided by MeVitae, scans and redacts CVs to reduce potential reviewer bias.
Please contact [email protected] if you need the job advert or form in another format.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
When you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of this page, this will send all the information you have added to Hogarth WW. Before you do this, we think it's a good idea to read through our Privacy statement. This explains what we do with your personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can update the information you have provided us with or how to remove it.